Saturday, 14 April 2012

Glyderau Ridge (East - the Quieter End!)

Today's wonderful walk in Snowdonia took me from Capel Curig over the eastern outliers of the Glyderau Ridge.  The route was wonderfully deserted, though the squelchiness underfoot might put a lot of people off!

Higher resolution copies of the pictures can be found on my other blog: Nick's Wicked Walks

Pictures below:

Looking down onto Capel Curig during my ascent of Cefn Capel.

Moel Siabod during my ascent.

A distant Snowdon Range - had I got up earlier, I might have been over there instead.

Looking north to Pen Llithrig y Wrach (right) and Pen Yr Helgi Du (left).

Looking across to Pen Yr Ole Wen (left), Carnedd Dafydd (centre) and Carnedd Llywelyn (right, summit in cloud).

Another shot of the Snowdon Range while crossing boggy ground to Gallt Yr Ogof.

Llyn Cowlyd, sandwiched between Pen Llithrig y Wrach (left) and  Creigiau Gleision.

Retrospective view of my route so far.  Capel Curig is hidden by the ridge.

Looking ahead to the main Glyderau from Gallt Yr Ogof.  Tryfan (right), Bristly Ridge and Glyder Fach (left).  A distant Elidir Fawr is in the centre.  My descent route is sunlit in the foreground.

Zoomed shot of Tryfan from my descent.

The old road leading back to Capel Curig.

Until the next walk, be well all.

No comments:

Post a Comment